Tests and Procedures for Kidney Disease
What are the tests and procedures for kidney disease? If you are running high risk for kidney problem, mastering these information is very beneficial.
At present, innumerous people are tormented by kidney disease. Taking effective treatment earlier can keep patients’ condition from worsening. However, in early stage, there are usually no symptoms to remind kidney patients of the onset of kidney disease. To make them get early and accurate diagnosis, they may need to do some tests.
What tests are used to detect kidney disease?
As introduced by kidney experts, three tests are recommended to check for kidney disease, including:
- Blood test: It can reveal the levels of urea, creatinine, uric acid and some other substances in the blood, so as to show how well kidneys are filtering out wastes.
- Urinalysis: This test can check the amount of protein, red blood cells, white blood cells and other things in urine by examining a sample of patient’s urine.
- Glomerular filtration rate: GFR is the most reliable indicator for kidney function, and it can help determine which stage patients’ illness condition is at.
Besides, some other tests, such as kidney biopsy and 24-hour urine protein, may need to be done according to patient’s medical condition.
What can we get from kidney test?
To guarantee accepting correct treatment, test should be the first step, and we can get the following information from kidney test:
- Which kind of kidney disease patients have.
- The extent of kidney damage.
- The size and structure changes of patients’ kidneys.
- The underlying causes of kidney disease.
- Guide doctors to develop a treatment plan.
- Estimate the outcome of treatment and patients’ prognosis.
From the above analysis, we can know the importance of kidney tests for people with kidney disease. If you are suspected to have kidney disease, you should make clear what tests you need to do firstly with doctor’s help.
- Toxin-Removing Therapy Reduces High Creatinine Level in Kidney Disease
- How to Reduce Blood Urea in CKD Stage 3
- How to Reduce High Creatinine Level in Blood Naturally
- Toxin-Removing Treatment for Serious Proteinuria 21.92g
- Toxin-Removing Treatment: Creatinine Level 584 in Kidney Failure
- Chairman of SJZ Kidney Disease Hospital Visited Oman Embassy