What Happens If You Skip PD Dialysis
What happens if you skip peritoneal dialysis? Without doctor’s permission, skipping peritoneal dialysis (PD) isn’t a good idea, because it may cause a series of symptoms or discomforts. Of course, this doesn’t mean once kidney patients begin PD, they can’t stop or reduce the frequency of peritoneal dialysis any more.
The effects of peritoneal dialysis for kidney failure patients
In most cases, patients perform peritoneal dialysis at night and work or study in the day time just like healthy people. Peritoneal dialysis, compared with hemodialysis, has the following advantages.
- It can protect residual kidney function better.
- It is helpful for keeping blood pressure stable and protecting cardiovascular health.
- Patients’ life quality is relatively higher than patients on hemodialysis.
- The effect on improving renal anemia is obvious.
- The risk of blood being polluted is less.
- The survival rate is higher than hemodialysis within 2-3 years.
When kidney patients need to do dialysis?
Generally, doctors recommend dialysis, either hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, for patients, when their kidney function declines to 15% or less. In addition, if patients have severe complications such as hyperkalemia and acidosis, they may need to begin dialysis earlier. Dialysis can help diseased kidneys to clear extra fluid and waste products and regulate electrolyte balance.
What happens if you skip PD dialysis?
If you skip some times of peritoneal dialysis without any improvement, you are more likely to suffer from some problems.
- Fluid and sodium retain in the body
- More sleep all the day time
- Restless leg syndrome
- Difficult breathing or patients’ breathing becomes irregular, fast, deep or slow.
- Changes in skin color or temperature
- Cardiovascular disease, heart failure or even death
From this description, we can know stopping or skipping peritoneal dialysis privately may be life-threatening. However, please, don’t lose your confidence. Some kidney repairing therapies such as Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy and Polluted Blood Therapy can help patients improve their kidney function and enhance their overall health largely. As long as these effects are achieved, you can reduce the times or even stop peritoneal dialysis successfully.
What else you want to know:
How can I get this treatment?
How can I get this treatment in my countries?
How much does this treatment cost?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital?
What should I prepare to your hospital except visa?
How can I go to your hospital?