Medicated bath is a therapy belongs to traditional Chinese medicine. It has be used to treat disease for thousands of years in china, and it is also very helpful in treating kidney disease.
Medicated bath is an external application therapy, and medicated bath is divided into systemic bath and local bath. Patient should put the prescriptive herbal medicines into water to boil, and patient can take bath when the water temperature is suitable for bath. While the medicines that be used is decided by factors like patients' condition, habitus, time, etc.
Except for excreting wastes and toxins, our skin also has the function of absorbing nutrients. Medicated bath makes use of this feature of skin to absorb the effective ingredients to treat disease. What's more, hot water can expand blood vessels and promote the blood circulation, which will helpful for the nutrient's absorption and the wastes' excretion. And the medicine ingredients can be more easy to function in the process.
Medicated bath can take many benefits to kidney disease patients:
- The blood circulation is promoted, which is also beneficial for the absorption of medicine ingredients, and it is also helpful for medicines being used more effectively.
- Medicated bath can promote the metabolism, and patients will have much sweat in the process, and that can help discharge more wastes and toxins from patients' blood.
- Medicated bath is good for blood circulation, and it can regulating blood pressure and excrete out the wastes, which is beneficial for the cardiovascular system's health.
- Active body cells, and improve the volume of immune globulin, which can improve patients' immunity.
- Patients with moderate hypertension or heart disease should be careful in using medicated bath.
- People who have severe injury in their skin should avoid this therapy or be careful in using it.
- People who have severe allergic history to this therapy should avoid it.
- Pregnant woman and woman in menstruation should avoid take this method.