What are the treatments to Treat Drug-induced Kidney Damage in Children? All the people want to get the answer, following this article to know more, or you can consult ONLINE DOCTOR directly in free.
1. Once suspected drug-induced kidney damage is suspected, the dosage of drugs should be reduced or even stopped immediately. Kidney function of children can often recover quickly, and urinary changes gradually disappear.
2. Drinking water diuretic sulfonamide and antineoplastic drugs can be used to remove obstructed tubular crystals by drinking water and furosemide (mg/kg furosemide per time). However, children with renal failure should not drink a lot of water to avoid increasing capacity load.
3. Corticosteroids can be used to treat acute allergic interstitial nephritis caused by penicillin antibiotics, anticancer drugs and NSAID, such as prednisone 1-2 mg/(kg.d) for 1-2 weeks, which can significantly improve renal function. Adrenocorticosteroids may also be used as appropriate for drug-induced renal impairment manifested as nephrotic syndrome or nephritis syndrome.
4. Immunosuppressive agents are used in the treatment of interstitial nephritis caused by NSAID and when the therapeutic effect of corticosteroids is unsatisfactory.
5. Cordyceps preparation, high dose of vitamin E 100-200 mg/time, three times a day, hepatocyte growth factor and epidermal growth factor can be used to protect and promote cell regeneration of renal tubular epithelial cells. Calcium antagonists such as nimodipine and verapamil (verapamil) have been reported to prevent and treat tubular epithelial cell necrosis induced by aminoglycosides.
6. Blood purification or peritoneal dialysis is used in dialysis therapy for acute renal failure. Dialysis is also helpful for drug clearance.
7. Chinese Medicine is used to treat kidney disease in Children caused by Drug-induced effectively, so patients can have a longer and better life.
The prognosis of drug-induced renal damage is good. If timely diagnosis and correct treatment can be made, the renal function of most patients with drug-induced renal impairment can be restored to normal, and the patients can recover completely.
However, it is often difficult to recover the renal function of individual patients with severe renal failure, complex condition or original renal insufficiency, and elderly patients, manifesting progressive renal insufficiency, which eventually develops into end-stage renal failure.
In addition, the prognosis of this disease is related to the drugs causing the disease. It has been reported that carmustine, smastine and other anticancer drugs and some polypeptide antibiotics can cause irreversible or progressive renal damage.
If you want to know more information, please leave a message below or send the medical reports to us. We will try our best to help you.
WhatsApp/Viber: +86 13503211882