Is Cough and Cold Medication Good for CKD Patients
Is cough and cold medicine good for CKD patients? If you are suffering from kidney disease, you should take steps to protect your kidneys. You should be cautious about the medicines you eat and are clear what cough and cold medications are safe for your kidneys.
Once your kidneys are damaged, they are able to filter blood as well as they did in the past. This can cause an unsafe buildup of medicines in your blood. Many cough and cold medications contain agents that can narrow blood vessels and raise blood pressure as well as creatinine.
If you have headache or colds, you may take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to control the issues. NSAIDs are over the counter (OTC) medicines that can be harmful to your kidneys. Common NSAIDs medicines include ibuprofen and naproxen.
Additionally, some cough and cold medications may interferer with the medications you are taking for Kidney Disease. You should ask your pharmacist how the product may interact with other medicines.
What you can do when you pick up a prescription or buy OTC cough and cold medications as a kidney disease patient.
1. You can take the medicines you are taking in a bag and take them with your to the pharmacy.
2. Ask your pharmacist if the cough and cold medications affect your kidneys or interact with other medicines. If they are harmful to your kidneys, you should switch to alternatives.
The above are some important tips for kidney disease patients when buying OTC cough and cold medications. Hope they are helpful for you.
Any problems or doubts about your own or our therapies, please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave message on below, we are glad to offer you more professional guidance quickly for free.
What else you want to know:
How can I get this treatment?
How can I get this treatment in my countries?
How much does this treatment cost?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital?
What should I prepare to your hospital except visa?
How can I go to your hospital?
- Toxin-Removing Therapy Reduces High Creatinine Level in Kidney Disease
- How to Reduce Blood Urea in CKD Stage 3
- How to Reduce High Creatinine Level in Blood Naturally
- Toxin-Removing Treatment for Serious Proteinuria 21.92g
- Toxin-Removing Treatment: Creatinine Level 584 in Kidney Failure
- Chairman of SJZ Kidney Disease Hospital Visited Oman Embassy