Cupping therapy is an ancient Chinese therapy in which a local suction is created on the skin by cups to achieve the goal of recovery. It is one of the most excellent physical therapy. The operating measures are very easy:
First, use fire or pressure to discharge the air from cups.
Second, put these cups on certain meridians.
The cups can be made of a variety of materials, including glass, bamboo and earthenware.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, the reason why people get disease is the imbalance of yin, yang, qi, blood, which is caused by wind, cold, heat, damp, dryness, toxin, trauma and so on. There will be a vacuum negative pressure in the cup after driving the air out of the cup, which will produce a strong absorption to the meridians. When the pores open, these pathogenic factor will be extracted out of the body, as a result, yin,yang, qi, blood will balance and the function of viscera will recover. When cupping therapy is applied to kidney disease, it will achieve the following effects:
- Promote the circulation of energy or qi and blood in the whole body, including the kidneys. The situation of ischemia and anoxia in the kidneys will gradually improve with the flow of blood. And then the damaged kidneys will recover.
- Draw out toxins in the blood. The strong suction of cupping will accelerate the elimination of toxins from the body. We know that when people get kidney disease, the toxins will build up in the body and cause damage to kidneys. If the toxins are removed out of body, they can not cause further damage to kidneys.
- Relieve swelling and pain. When the meridians are dredged, the feeling of pain will disappear.
- Decrease the blood pressure. Cupping therapy has the function of dilating the blood vessels. When the blood vessels are dilated, the blood circulation will be unobstructed and then the pressure will decrease.
- Alleviate other symptoms caused by kidney disease, such as fatigue, poor appetite, anemia, headache and so on.
Cupping therapy is considered to be relatively safe, especially when performed by trained health professionals. If mis-operation, there will be burns, bruises, skin infection and so on. And cupping therapy should be avoided by the following groups:
- People with serious heart disease.
- People with sepsis.
- People with high fever.
- People with skin disease.
- People with infectious disease, such as hepatitis.
- Pregnant women.
Before cupping, you should communicate with the cupping practitioner to let him/her have a knowledge of your health information so as to reduce the side effects of cupping therapy.
Though cupping therapy can treat some symptoms of kidney disease, it can not cure kidney disease. You should also cooperate with doctors to make a specific treatment to kidney disease.